Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Digital "Toolbox"

Here's an overview of the programs I use to monitor and decode various signals:
  • SDR# - This program controls my software-defined radio (SDR) USB stick. A popular alternative (that I've never tried) is HDSDR.
  • VB-Cable - This program routes the audio from SDR# to decoding programs, such as DSD+, DMRDecode, LTR-Analyzer, etc. A popular alternative (which I could never get to work as well) is Virtual Audio Cable (VAC).
  • DSD+ - This just-released program decodes several digital audio formats, such as Project 25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, ProVoice, DMR/MOTOTRBO, NXDN (trunked and conventional). DSD 1.6 is an alternative; some like the sound of the audio in this program more than DSD+.
  • DMRDecode - This Java program provides information on DMR/MOTOTRBO conventional, Capacity Plus, and Connect Plus systems, such as color codes, slots, groups, and logical channels numbers.
  • LTR-Analyzer - This program provides information about LTR and LTR-Net systems, such as home channels.

No comments: